Daichi Kamada led Germany’s World Cup victory over Japan in a friendly against the United States in Dusseldorf. Professional football player from Intrigue Frankfurt scored a goal (24th match) for Asia 2-0 (1-0), Kaoru Mitoma (88th match) made a late decision.
The Japanese, the first opponent of the DFB team in Qatar on November 23, showed a willingness to play and have two other Bundesliga professionals in the starting line in Maya Yoshida (Schalke) and Wataru Endo (Stuttgart).
Dortmund’s Giovanni Reyna starts for the Americans, who are still in Qatar. The Japanese will also test against Ecuador next Tuesday in Düsseldorf’s Merkur Spiel-Arena.
FIFA Soccer World Cup 2022
- Date: November 21 – December 18
- Location: Qatar
- Final match: Qatar-Ecuador (Group A) November 21
- Final Round: December 18th
- Schedule: 64 games in 8 World Cup groups and knockout stages
- Competition format: round competition (8 groups, 4 teams), elimination system (from the round of 16 teams)
- Participants: 32 countries, Germany in Group E
- Ticket price: 60 – 1,417 euros
Costa Rica drew with South Korea
Costa Rica, also opponents in the DFB World Cup group, narrowly missed out on winning. Against South Korea, who qualified for the finals, coach Luis Fernando Suarez’s team scored a 2-2 draw through superstar Hing Min Son (85′). Hee-Chan Hwang gave South Korea the lead (28′) before Jewison Bennette changed the game with a strike (41′, 63′). Costa Rica goalkeeper Esteban Alvarado sees a red card after a ball outside the penalty area (79′).
All other important news from the world of sports can be found in News Update.